Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mommy Fashion Flunkie

The other night I was talking to an old friend of mine and found out she is modelling. Even though she is so very pretty, she does have a 7 month old for goodness sake! I was amazed and, yes, so jealous.

I used to be pretty fashion savy up until about my 3rd child. Oh yeah, I had it all. Sexy nighties (how else do you think I managed to have so many darn children!), designer outfits, cool boots, the works. I always looked good - well at least I thought so. Somewhere though between the 3rd and 6th child my wardrobe started replacing itself. Suddenly I didn’t care if my face was made up, if my socks matched, or even if my hair was washed. I just cared about making it through the day without going bonkers. I had truly become a mommy fashion flunkie. I could actually become a model for all mothers out there only this is what I would be modeling:

Pyjamas that have been worn for a few days - wrinkled is the new in.

Tops that have various bodily functions embedded in them. Lets face it after a few days the smell just blends in with the rest of your body odour.

Stained clothing is actually what I call mommy tie dye.

Baggy capris are my new best friend.

Elastic waist jeans are not just for toddlers.

Who says maternity clothing is just for pregnancy?

My husbands tee’s are now mine.

As for my hair I haven’t any. Over the years I have pulled it all out.

Any other mommy fashion flunkies out there? I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment